thanks Nicole for sending this one! I think you found a better home for a bit of this, because it might be my favorite darjeeling. (Though I’m a bit confused on if this tea is from 2001 or 2011 as the label on my tea says 2011… if it is from 2001, this tea has aged wonderfully! I steeped this for five minutes after it had cooled a bit. The leaves have unraveled to a nice mahogany color. I complained on my last darjeeling tea review that I didn’t like the usual darjeeling flavor. This one is very unique! It kind of tastes like a darjeeling, an oolong, and a deeper black tea all at the same time. One sip it will taste like an oolong and the next it will taste like a maltier black tea. Interesting! At first I thought I was just tasting cream because I was eating banana soymilk oatmeal with the tea (that reminds me of a banana cream pie), but now it tastes kind of spicy. I really like this one!

Nicole

It’s probably my bad in typing it in incorrectly here on Steepster. The label on the bag said 2011. :). Glad you like it!

ashmanra

I think I fixed it!

Tea Sipper

oh darn, I was hoping that it WAS from 2001 so I could feel like teas aged really well… so I wouldn’t feel bad about drinking them years from now. I don’t actually have teas that are 12 years old… yet.

Comments

Nicole

ashmanra

I think I fixed it!

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: