Thanks Azzrian! Another tea from your generous package! (Also, I had some of the chocolates today and they were DELICIOUS. I’ve never had those before and I’ll be looking for them in the future!)

The name of this one seems odd to me.. like a suicidal pact or something. Yikes! I thought I’d save it for Valentine’s Day, but I already said some other tea would be perfect for that, I just can’t remember which tea… I am surprised this one is called a darjeeling. It really doesn’t have that darjeeling flavor that is my idea of a darjeeling. The steep color looks like a bright red rooibos! The flavor has TINY hints of something sweet like marshmallow, cherry, malty, and chocolately at the end of the sip. Otherwise, it’s a nice medium bodied black flavor with a bit of that black tea kick. So I guess it could be Valentine’s Day tea! I love this one!

Kittenna

Ahaha, I totally agree about the name! I’ve thought that too when I’ve seen it before…

Nicole

Chocolates??? What kind? Azzrian is in my neck of the woods and if there is good chocolate out there I don’t want to miss it!! :)

I had the Lover’s Leap from Capital Teas. I don’t think they called it a darjeeling – lots of them out there called Lover’s Leap seem to be Ceylons.

Nicole

In fact, here’s what I just turned up on Lover’s Leap. The name is from the estate it is grown on, and yes, it was what it reminds you of.

“High above the town of Nuwara Eliya, Lover’s Leap is named after the tragic legend of two young lovers who leapt from the top of a picturesque waterfall on the estate.”

I found several companies offering it and they all classify it as ceylon. So maybe don’t feel bad if you don’t think it tastes like darjeeling. :)

Tea Sipper

Ah! Thanks for the info! So it wasn’t just my morbid mind. :D And yes, I seem to like ceylon better than darjeeling, so that explains that.

Comments

Kittenna

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: