drank Matè Java Espresso by Tealux

I’ve been on a new-to-me tea spree, since I need to get a better handle on what might go in tea boxes. I’m kind of missing my favorites! Opening my sample bag, the smell of this one is DIVINE. oh wow. This is a roasted yerba mate mixed with black tea. I can see chocolate chips and little cinnamon pieces in the blend. There is also supposed to be vanilla! I don’t know why the package says this has zero caffiene since it is both a black tea AND yerba mate. After a four minute steep, I’m thinking this could be one of my favorites from Tealux. It’s a nice roasty, earthy, rustic flavor (I love roasted yerba mates). The other flavors aren’t extremely pronounced, but you get hints of chocolate, vanilla and cinnamon. It reminds me of Fusion’s Chocolate Mate but that one tastes slightly more like a barbeque. haha. I could easily order two ounces of this one!

Nxtdoor

the package says zero caffeine? Funny. The Steepster description says “Mate Java Espresso has a relatively high caffeine content compared to other tea blends”

Tea Sipper

Yeah, and I was the one that added the description for this tea. I copied it from Tealux’s site, so I guess it was their mistake on the package. I should really drink a cup of this one again…

Nxtdoor

Thanks for changing that description then! I resteeped last night before i went to bed and had a little bit left on my night table. I took a sip of it this morning. It is really good cold!

Comments

Nxtdoor

Tea Sipper

Nxtdoor

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: