drank Honey Nut Biscotti by Kally Tea

Well, I funny story with this one. I actually had this tea few days before Nicole kindly sent some to me (thank so much!) except it was called Tealux ‘Honey Pistachio Biscotti’. So it’s the same blend with different sellers and different names. I could tell right away by the name, the look of the tea, and the descriptions of the ingredients. haha. I find both blends are missing the promised pistachios! I don’t see any in the picture of the Kally, but I do see one right in the forefront of the Tealux! Maybe they float to the bottom of the bag. (Some nice pistachio blends are SpecialTeas Vienna Winter Green and Fusion’s Pistachio Lime Mate, Butiki’s Pistachio Ice Cream). So I can’t really say much more about this one that I didn’t say about the Tealux. Both are mild flavored black teas that are sweet tasting, with yummy looking almonds. I’m not sure how much it tastes like biscotti. But it’s pretty good. It has a bit of a drying mouth affect though. BOTH blends have misleading descriptions… it seems more like almonds and coconut to me rather than pistachios and biscotti. So I wonder if all of Kally’s teas are the same as Tealux’s or if they have multiple different sources? I’ve seen another almond tea that has more than a few brands with the same blend. I’ve got two of them (Teavana and American Tea Room) and I just saw another one yesterday. Who are the original blenders and why don’t THEY sell their own blends? It’s interesting!

ETA: I shook up the Tealux two ounce upside down thinking the pistachios would float to the opening where I could see them when I opened the bag. Nope. No pistachios.

tattooed_tea

There’s another company who has at least 3 of the same blends as DAVIDsTEA.

Indigobloom

I’m not 100% sure, but I’ve been told that Metropolitan teas supplies atleast half of the North American market. Good chance that is where this blend came from :)

Tea Sipper

That is interesting… I found the metropolitan site and they don’t actually show the teas they have online, you have to request a catalog. It would be nice if the tea companies would mention where they get their teas so you aren’t buying the same blends over and over again. Though I haven’t had that problem yet!

Indigobloom

I think they prefer to stay on the wholesale side of things. Oh and I’ve heard terrible things about their customer service!

Comments

tattooed_tea

There’s another company who has at least 3 of the same blends as DAVIDsTEA.

Tea Sipper

Indigobloom

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: