Thanks so much, CharlotteZero, for a sample of this one. This is a nice switch from the charcoal-like oolong I had earlier today. I don’t think I’ve ever had two oolongs in a day before! This one is nice, but it doesn’t really have a full flavor. I tastetested before the three minute steep was over, and that is when the most milky sweet flavor was present. But steeping for three minutes turns it into a typical but mild tasting oolong. The second steep had even less flavor… maybe it has just been stored in a sandwich bag for too long or something. (I still prefer this to the charcoal oolong.) I really hate the idea that I’m not giving teas a fair review because of something not for the fault of the tea.. like not being stored in the best way possible or it not being a brand new tea. I guess that’s the reason for tasting notes and Steepster in general though!

CharlotteZero

It was stored in a sandwich bag for maybe a month before I sent it to you? I actually did this because I found the fruity flavor to be too strong, and I was hoping that some of the candy-like smell saccharine aftertaste would fade. I’m not sure if that thought was a reasonable idea or not. I like this for this type of oolong to be more buttery and less fruity.

Tea Sipper

oh, I wasn’t saying it was your fault either because of the way the tea was stored.. I just meant in general. Like I feel like I’m not giving a fair review on a tea unless it was picked yesterday and in sturdy packaging or something. :D But I get what you mean.. a milk oolong should not be peachy, it should be buttery! I think your idea worked then, because I didn’t even notice the fruity flavor.

Comments

CharlotteZero

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: