drank Un Momento by Tealux

Another one I wouldn’t mind ordering a full two ounces of. I noticed a coffee bean, a cube of caramel, and a few ROMAN chamomile flowers fall into my infuser. Basically the roman chamomile is why I wanted to try this sample. One of my favorite teas, SpecialTeas Vienna Winter Green has roman chamomile in it and not many other teas do. It’s supposed to be tiramisu but I haven’t had that before. I’m getting a bit of a caramel taste and a bit of a coffee taste…. not much roman chamomile flavor though. The rooibos flavor isn’t there at all, but I hear some are more sensitive to it than others. But the other flavors kind of mask the rooibos. Apparently there should have been chocolate here, but maybe none fell into my infuser. It also tastes a bit like sweet almond, so I’d say the mascarpone description is accurate! Almondy chocolate caramel coffee? Yum. A ton of nice ingredients here… just like the Vienna Winter Green… but like that one, this one could have also used some toasty nuts or something. So this makes for a good late night dessert tea because of the rooibos… except for that coffee bean. :D

Michelle

What is the difference between Egyptian and Roman chamomile?

I have no idea… I just like that it was in the other blend I liked. :D

ChaMei

There are two genuses that are commonly called chamomile (which in itself has multiple spellings and pronunciation). There is Matricaria recutita (German chamomile) which I find has a smoother, sweeter flavor and I believe this is the one that is grown in Egypt. Then there is Chamaemelum nobile, common name Roman chamomile which is the low-growing ground cover in gardens. The German chamomile is an upright annual which is about a foot tall. I have harvested both and to me, the German tastes better brewed while the leaves of the Roman smell more hay/apple-like. They are very similar for the brewed flowers and derived essential oil but there are definite differences. I have noticed many teas containing chamomile never specify which it is.

Tea Sipper

thank you! I’m following you if I wasn’t already… you know what you’re talking about :D

Comments

Michelle

What is the difference between Egyptian and Roman chamomile?

I have no idea… I just like that it was in the other blend I liked. :D

ChaMei

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: