Thanks so much Kasumi no Chajin for the envelope of teas! This was one of them! The dry leaves smelled surprisingly sweet to me! After a three minute steep, this one was BRISK. Wow. Pretty astringent but I like them that way sometimes. I did love the flavor behind the astringency.. a bit malty. The steep color was very dark. The second steep had just as much flavor. Pretty good!

[By the way, if you see multiple tasting notes from me, posted right after the other, I just post them all at once. The first tea I post right before the other was usually the tea I drank in the morning. The second would be from later at night.]

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: