Thanks so much Kasumi no Chajin, for another sample… this one! The dry leaves smelled so powerful, I thought it was the packaging of the bag. All the pu-erh I have tried (not many) have had such a light flavor, definitely lighter than black teas. I always thought they were nice bases for other flavors. After steeping for three minutes, this one tastes just as it smells. It’s tough to describe. It seems chalky and dusty to me, but not something that isn’t tasty. I don’t seem to hate this as much as others do. I didn’t get much of a chocolate or coconut flavor (and I think caramel would have been a better fit, really.) I had three steeps (3,4,5 minutes) and they all had consistent flavor. But this one is interesting and different. I like it. I’m still wondering why this pu-erh has such a strong flavor… I guess I’ll just chalk it up (oh crap, I really didn’t mean the pun intended) to The Tea Merchant having such stellar flavors with their teas. Though I’ve only tried two others, they are delicious.

Kasumi no Chajin

I am looking forward to trying some of the other blends from this company. glad you liked it!

Comments

Kasumi no Chajin

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: