I’m sipping this one now, thanks to Yssah buying some Ovation teas for a ton of people. I ended up buying four ounces of this, hoping it was delicious! It is! And it looks like I’m the first to write a tasting note. It’s exactly what I look for in a lovely black tea. Well, sometimes they are nice brisk. This one is sweet, smooth, a bit malty. I was hoping it would compare to Golden Moon’s Sinharaja that I adore, and it is the most similar tea I’ve had to that one, but I really love the flavor of the Golden Moon. That one has a great maltiness to it, and a fuller flavor. (Though I didn’t steep this one quite at boiling, so maybe that would help next time.) This one has a nice lingering flavor. I’m VERY happy with this one. It will be my go-to black tea! I can’t wait to try other Ovation teas that I have on the way. It’s very sad Ovation went out of business!

Cavocorax

I just got some of this in today too! I’m happy you liked it – 4 oz is a lot for something you’re not crazy about, though you could trade it away.

Looking forward to trying mine!

Cavocorax

I like your rating system btw. Very to the point. I think I should clean mine up a bit.

Tea Sipper

Yep, it’s very good. It’s a tea I wouldn’t mind having every day, if I didn’t have a choice of so many teas. I hope you like it!

Comments

Cavocorax

Looking forward to trying mine!

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: