drank Dirty Chai by Della Terra Teas

Alphakitty included this in the traveling tea box… thanks! This is another chai that has mostly black tea leaves. I feel like there should be a different name for chai that is only spices and then chai that is also mixed with black tea. After steeping a few minutes, the first sip that I tried had that flavor that I think is associated with…. and I could be wrong… there is like a flavor that comes from preserving the fruit in the Della Terra teas. I’ve noticed that in a couple of their apple blends, but not all of their apple blends. This one might be because that flavor is from the orange. But after the first sip that flavor is gone. I don’t think it’s terrible after that. A nice mix of orange, sweet cinnamon, and coffee beans. If I’m right though (and I really have no idea) Della Terra should really get rid of that preservative flavor. I know they can because it seems like half their apple teas have it and half do not. I’m not sure with the other teas. I’m up for trying any tea though, so I was happy to try this one.