drank Organic Ceylon by Utopia Tea

thanks so much, Azzrian for including a sample of this in that generous package I’m still amazed that you sent a while back. :D This was EXACTLY the tea I was looking for this morning. At this point, I assume ceylon is much different than this: brisker and more straightforward. But this one seem to have all of the elements that the best black teas have. The leaves smelled like a sunny late summer field of dry grass and the first sips tasted of it too. Then there is a lovely malty chocolatiness to it. And even a bit of smoke, which I love. I almost had a russian caravan this morning… but since it is rare (I’m the only one to write a tasting note for it!) I’m really only going to reach for that caravan when I am most craving it. This tea had a very complex and lovely flavor. A bit bread like. No astringency at all. I really like this one! I’d consider buying some if I’m in need of a nice black tea!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: