drank Browncoat Genmaicha by 52teas

thanks so much, Starfevre, for sharing this one with me! I love these fandom blends. It really should be time for me to revisit Firefly… maybe in the summer when there isn’t as many decent new shows on TV. (Also, I think now with the success of The Avengers, isn’t it time that Mr. Joss Whedon has his own TV channel to air everything he creates or likes? With no fear of cancelation? I think so!)

I really loved the idea of a chocolate genmaicha! There is a ton of toasted rice here that pairs perfectly with chocolate. I didn’t see too many cocoa nibs, but maybe they are hiding with the rice. Since this is a 52Teas blend, I went with a short steep time at 45 seconds, but decided it needed more flavor so I kept the infuser in for a minute and 40 seconds. This is good! It tastes like a great roasty genmaicha with a tiny bit of bittersweet chocolate milk added to it, though it does leave the mouth a bit dry. As it cools, it tastes like chocolate ice cream. I can see Captain Mal sipping “the people’s tea” while protecting them. I think it would have been a nice touch to add a bit of strawberry, since they are so precious in the ’verse.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: