Dinosara was so nice in sending this one along with a bunch of other nice teas! (It was so thoughtful that you remembered I was looking for this one.. I’m not sure how you did! thanks so much!) I had been checking their site (californiateahouse.com) to order some for months, but they have only been selling it in four ounce packages. I certainly don’t need that much of one tea if I have so many other teas. I was initially interested because someone told be this one was similar to my beloved but extinct SpecialTeas Vienna Winter Green (I had to look though my messages to see who told be about it and it was Mercuryhime — thank you!) So I’m so happy to be able to try this one and see if it is the same!

…And it does seem the same! I asked someone at CTH if it was the same blend and they said “not quite” but this seems pretty close to me. It has all the same ingredients… and man is it a rare list. The steep color is a buttery yellow, just like the flavor. This one really can’t be steeped over two minutes or it will get bitter. Definitely my favorite green tea with such a great mix of toasty, nutty flavors. It is so nice to find a replacement for the SpecialTeas blend! I wonder if their other blends are the same or similar? Hopefully this one will still be there when I need more… and I might even get the four ounces.

The SpecialTeas blend has such a nice Steepster history for me:
1) Nichole sent me some of the Vienna randomly when I first joined Steepster, and it became a surprise favorite for me.
2)Mercuryhime sent me some more of the Vienna when I ran out and also suggested the California Tea House blend, so I knew to look for that one.
3) Dinosara sent me some of the California Tea House blend after remembering I was l was looking for it!

I will never stop being amazed at the kindness and generosity of Steepsters! It is very appreciated!

Dinosara

Yay, so glad it lived up to your expectations!

Tea Sipper

Yep, that’s because I’m pretty sure it’s the same blend. :D thanks again!

Mercuryhime

I’m glad my recommendation worked out for you! I always thought that CTH was supplied by Specialteas. I wonder where they get tenor stuff now.

Mercuryhime

Their, not tenor. Ugh. Autocorrect.

Tea Sipper

I was just about to steep up a second cup now, before I saw your comment. :D thanks again!

Comments

Dinosara

Yay, so glad it lived up to your expectations!

Tea Sipper

Yep, that’s because I’m pretty sure it’s the same blend. :D thanks again!

Mercuryhime

Their, not tenor. Ugh. Autocorrect.

Tea Sipper

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: