Additional notes: I thought I’d have some of this while reading Pride and Prejudice today. I can’t believe the book is 200 years old this year! Just as Austen isn’t my favorite 19th century writer, this tea isn’t my favorite Adagio blend. If only there were actual blackberries or blackberry flavor, rather than just the leaves! Kind of like how I wish there were more than just marriage and money in Austen’s books, which is why I prefer other 19th century writers. But I thought it was time to give Pride and Prejudice a chance. But the tea does have a nice syrupy sweet flavor. Oversteeping is bad though, with this one. Two minutes!!

Anyanka

I get so sad when people don’t like Austen. I lurve her. She has this sly sense of humor that pokes fun at all of the emphasis on marriage and money, but doesn’t come out and say it. I feel like she was as bold as her time would allow and I suspect she was bitingly funny in real life. But, I can absolutely see why people don’t like her. I read her complete works in order this year and it was a bit much even for a fan.

Cavocorax

When I first read P&P I missed a lot of the subtle humor and wit. I’m happy I went back to it later.

My bf will never read it bc it’s so self absorbed that the Napoleonic war, and decline of the nobility don’t factor in at all, so I can see why she wouldn’t be for everyone.

I hope you enjoy it more than you expected to. :)

Tea Sipper

Anyanka – I followed you today because I saw your username and icon! Poor Anya. :D I do see more humor in P&P than I did in the other Austen I read, Sense & Sensibility. (At least that I remember.) I’m early in the book, so we will see how I like it.

Cavocorax – I’m definitely seeing some of the humor! But I just wish the books could be about money, marriage, AND everything else in a life. Like your bf thinks, it isn’t really looking at the bigger picture.

Anyanka

I’m rewatching all the Buffy seasons and I made my Steepster account right around the time Anya was reintroduced. I’ve been happy to see how many steepsterites know who she is.

Comments

Anyanka

Cavocorax

I hope you enjoy it more than you expected to. :)

Tea Sipper

Anyanka

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: