thanks so much for sending a bit of this one to try, Kasumi no Chajin! Whispering Pines seems like such a nice creative little tea company. This is my first tea to try from them. It certainly is a unique blend! A smokey black tea with lemongrass, spearmint, and elderberries. I’m not exactly sure if I’ve had elderberries before, and I couldn’t detect any of those. But I love smokey teas! This one is clearly authentic, and doesn’t have that weird fake smoke flavor that I’ve found in other teas. (It seems odd that teas would need a fake smoke flavor anyway.. it’s smoke. Cavemen knew about it.) But I really love that it is combined with lemongrass and spearmint! I don’t mean to discourage anyone from trying this one, but it reminded me of the dentist’s office, and I don’t think it is just the spearmint. Hmm. Very odd blend but it works well!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: