thank you so much Teajo for a sample of this one! There is enough here for many cups. The dry leaves are as black as they could be. I always thought cream was what made me love an earl grey. But this one is so smooth, it is almost like there is cream here (though there isn’t.) This is a very different earl grey somehow. It’s unique… I guess all earl greys are different. This one is citrusy and bright but very smooth. It kind of reminds me of Fruity Pebbles cereal (awesome, in my opinion!) The second steep reminded me of the lemon part of a firecracker popsicle (awesome again). The black tea base is an assam. I don’t think earl greys usually have an assam base.. I’m not sure. But the base here is perfect for an earl grey flavor. It doesn’t disappear behind the earl grey but it doesn’t overpower it either. I didn’t see how there was safflower or cacao in this though. But I do agree that it is silky! I really really like this one. This one tells me that earl grey creams aren’t the only earl greys I love! This is a straight earl grey I could easily buy a ton of!

CharlotteZero

Fruity Pebbles…That takes me back!