thank you so much bluebirdteaco.com for the samples! The samples come in little velum-like pouches, sewn shut, with the bluebird logo. I’m not sure how long the tea would stay fresh, since, you know, the thread holes don’t make the package air tight (or smell contamination tight), but the little packages sure are adorable. I guess you’re supposed to drink them fast anyway!

I really wanted to try some of these amazing blends. They all look so good and so inspired — this one especially. I thought it would be like a mojito. Such a delicious sounding mix of ingredients. This is refreshing! My sample had about a teaspoon and a half, so I threw the whole thing in the infuser. I steeped for three minutes and got something super tasty! I first got a fruity flavor (but not hibiscus or rosehips that are mentioned… don’t be scared because I did not find them here at all, at least in this cup.) It’s a mix of fruit… lime, orange, passionfruit, mango and apple, and then the spicy hot chili kicks you in the back of the throat! Yowza. I love it. The fruit taste isn’t specific.. it all kind of blends into its own unique fruit flavor but I am noticing the lime. There is a bit of slight vegetal flavor too… I’m thinking it is from the green tea or the lemongrass, but only a little bit! I love that mix though: fruit, spicy chili, and a bit of a vegetal flavor… with no hibiscus to be tasted! I knew I would love this one and it’s a great start to my Bluebird samples. I can see this company quickly becoming a favorite of Steepsterers!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: