drank Masala Chai by Zen Tea

No ratings yet? This has a cut-tear-curl black tea base, so it isn’t one of those chais with only spices in the blend. I steeped for 7-8 minutes just after boiling the water, but there isn’t as much flavor as I expected. Not as much flavor as Zen’s rooibos chai OR their Energizing Chai which I absolutely love since magically there is also pu-erh and yerba mate in that blend (also, chocolate!) but it is SO SPICY. I have no idea how it is that spicy if the spices have to share the spotlight with other ingredients. But even though this was steeped for 8 minutes, the black tea base doesn’t get astringent at all. I would much rather buy the Energizing Chai blend. Anyway, this isn’t terrible but I didn’t really make it the REAL way. It’s one of those chais that will get lost among the similar chais I have. I haven’t found the perfect chai yet, but I would say Zen’s Energizing Chai is close to it… but that one may be cheating/isn’t a genuine chai since it has pu-erh and yerba mate in it. Yes, I spent this review talking about the Energizing Chai more.