drank Ceylon Decaf by Zen Tea

I’m really hoping this is a decaf, since I started drinking it at 11PM. It really doesn’t seem like a decaf. I steeped for five minutes and the color is very dark. Rather than a Ceylon, to me the flavor profile is like an assam: deep, hearty, malty, bready, chocolately. No astringency. The dry leaves are very oaty. I’m not sure how it would taste different if it were decaf, but this is very delicious! I’m not even sure if I should be drinking a decaf this late, since I’m not sure if ALL of the caffeine isn’t here, or if it’s just less than usual. Very good! Sadly, I think this is another that Zen is removing from their stock.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: