drank Rwanda Rukeri Delight by Tealux

I’ve been the first to review so many of Tealux’s teas! So sad. This one is a solid black tea from Tealux… a bit tough to describe. In the description, it mentions volcanic land, and I guess I would describe this as what some Fujian teas taste like, but I haven’t actually had a black tea that was Fujian, I don’t think… only oolongs. There are a ton of flavor qualities I don’t think black teas usually have. It’s a bit of everything: the first thing was that it reminded me of BBQ. Usually only roasted yerba mates remind me of BBQ. I guess it has a spicy flavor with a HINT of smoke. There is that “volcanic” flavor, that is a bit charcoaly, and also a bit dry in the mouth. Hints of maltiness. It’s dark and light flavored at the same time… like a Darjeeling, but not. Did anything I said make any sense? The second steep is biscuit, and has a fuller flavor. Really, just a nice black tea that has a different flavor than other teas. A nice change!

TheTeaFairy

Tea Sipper, I’m equally surprised to see how very few are reviewing on Tealux. I like many things from that company so far. Very good quality-price ratio, huge variety and free shipping available. What’s there not to like ? :-)

Nicole

I have made out an order several times. I get to the point where I have to create an account to buy anything and I’m done. I wish they had an option to check out as a guest for my first order. I don’t necessarily need all my info sitting out there with a company that I may only do business with once. :( I may get over that eventually – they have all kinds of things I want to try!!!

Tea Sipper

TheTeaFairy — exactly.

Nicole — I’ve only received e-mails about sales around the holidays from Tealux. I don’t mind them, even if they are tempting. But you must mean they actually have all of your information forever. I just figure other websites have all my info anyway…

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Nicole

Tea Sipper

TheTeaFairy — exactly.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: