drank With Open Eyes by Butiki Teas

I seem to be one of the first few to try this one! Stacy kindly sent me some samples of a few Butiki teas I REALLY wanted to try, but this was a new one that was also included. thank you so much for the samples! I can’t say that enough since Butiki’s teas are the blends I love to try the most. Info isn’t even on the site yet, the blend is so new… I almost didn’t want to try this one until I heard the story behind it. (Like the name?! What’s that about?) But I wanted a green tea at the moment so this was the one I went for. There are some HUGE strawberries in this blend. One piece was about 1/3 of a big strawberry! The green tea is bright. After a two and a half minute steep, the color of the cup is almost clear — a very pale yellow. The dry blend strawberries sure scented the room with a nice sweet fragrance and the flavor is just the same. Very sweet strawberries on a buttery fresh base. I think the ginger gives it a bit of a tang… I’m not really a fan of ginger and I’m not sure why it is even here. There is also supposed to be some toffee pieces and if there is, I don’t see many in the blend. But I think more toffee here would be amazing with the strawberry and buttery green tea (though not so much the ginger.) I really like this one! I can’t wait to read the info about it and I’ll have some more of my sample to try.

Terri HarpLady

Stacy sent me a sample of this too! It smells awesome! I’m looking forward to sampling it :)

TheTeaFairy Dragonwell & strawberries? Mmmmmm!

Comments

Terri HarpLady

TheTeaFairy Dragonwell & strawberries? Mmmmmm!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: