oh crap I just copied and pasted an my entire review disappeared. Anyway, this is my 600th tasting note! I can’t believe it… I swear my 500th tasting note was just a couple weeks ago. It seems the more tea I drink, the more I love tea… but I probably said something similar with my 500th note.

I couldn’t wait to try this one as I have been reading so many amazing tasting notes for this one! thank you so much Butiki! Every tea I’ve tried from Butiki has been the best of the best (so every “th” tasting note should be celebrated with a Butiki tea!) The long, black, twisty leaves here have a bready aroma. After a four minute steep, the brew color is a gorgeous deep amber in my clear mug and the flavor is so so good. It seems medium bodied yet the flavor is complex. Bakey, bready, sweet, a bit malty & chocolatey. It’s tough to describe, but it has something very unique about it. A must try!

Also: I swear there was a bit of a strawberry flavor, but I was worried when I smelled the strawberry from the other Butiki tea sample that it was mailed with that it may have contaminated the other teas… even though I stored that one separate as soon as I got them. But maybe this one naturally has a hint of berry? I just noticed Butiki’s description says “fruity”! Or maybe I really should be drinking my samples in plastic baggies faster than others!

Bonnie

Congratulations on your 600th review!!!

thanks, Bonnie!

Cavocorax

Grats! :O

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Congrats on drinking and posting about a whole LOTTA tea! :-)

Congratulations on 500!!

…*600!! And beyond.

thank you all! :D

Comments

Bonnie

Congratulations on your 600th review!!!

thanks, Bonnie!

Cavocorax

Grats! :O

Fuzzy_Peachkin

Congrats on drinking and posting about a whole LOTTA tea! :-)

Congratulations on 500!!

…*600!! And beyond.

thank you all! :D

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: