oh man. I really appreciated being able to try this one! Thank you so much, Stacy! The mostly gold twisty leaves look amazing. I figured this was like a Yunnan tea. But I think I just figured out that Yunnan teas come from Yunnan, China. This one is from India, so it isn’t a yunnan. I’m not sure if that is the only thing that makes a Yunnan a Yunnan! But this one is scrumptious. Possibly one of the best teas I’ve ever had. I went with Butiki’s instructions (3 1/2 min – two tsps.) for this one EXCEPT the water wasn’t at 212. I waited a few minutes for the water to cool. But it HAD to be at the perfect temp. Best flavor ever. It is like a burnt dark chocolate over sweet apricots. And I think that is why this is my favorite type of tea. Just the contrast: the dark flavor with the sweet. The second cup was at boiling. I really should have waited a few minutes again! And I went for a third steep also, because I didn’t want to waste the leaves, but it had that woodchip flavor again. But the first steep was the best: there is a darkness to the flavor that I haven’t tasted in any other tea, while not actually being dark or astringent. Yeah, there are many assams or yunnans like that, but this one had an extra depth of flavor. I’m surprised this one isn’t the highest rated tea on Steepster, since I much prefer this one to the Taiwanese Assam (the current highest rated.)

Butiki Teas

This one really reminds me of a Yunnan too.

Comments

Butiki Teas

This one really reminds me of a Yunnan too.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: