I had a two teaspoon sample of this one… a genmaicha blended with bright green matcha. I’m not sure if my sample had an unusual amount of popped rice since it was just a sample and the scoop may have been from the top, but there were a ton floating my infuser! They just add to the roasty toasty goodness. And this may be my favorite genmaicha because of that.. but again, it could have been gravity making the popped rice rise to the top while the green tea leaves sank to the bottom. I waited for the water to cool a while and steeped for 2-3 minutes. The flavor is really fresh. The cup turned a bright green due to the matcha. There was a tang to the flavor a bit… not sure if that was just the matcha or oversteeping. But I really love a nice genmaicha once in a while. It’s a nice flavor change!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: