drank Flaming Chocolate Mate by 52teas

First tea from TEA BOX B!! Thank you Momo and everyone keeping it going! Very happy to get the box again! They are the best things ever and a great way to try a billion new teas without actually stocking them in your cupboard.

I really wanted to try this one. Opening the package with a smell test, it obviously has chili powder! The dry blend looks like plain roasted yerba mate, but there must be some chocolate hidden in there. I steeped a few minutes just after boiling but there really doesn’t seem to be much flavor here. There is a flavor that reminds me of BBQ from the roasted yerba mate with a hint of chocolate and a hint of heat. Way less heat than 52Teas Chocolate Chai (which is probably a good thing!) But I wish this one had more chocolate… it could have been like a spicy hot chocolate. I doubt this one could be steeped too long to decrease the flavor like other 52Teas since this one is just chocolate and pepper, so I don’t think the steep time ruined the flavor.