drank Kenyan Black by Justea

I was in the mood for a Yunnan tea, but I thought I’d give this one a try. Even though this is a Kenyan tea, it has the exact flavor profile I wanted anyway. Malty chocolately goodness! After a three minute steep the flavor is divine (it might be a bit much for some, but it has the perfect astringency for me). So it has the malt and chocolate of a Yunnan tea, but there is an astringency here that might not usually be with a Yunnan. The brisk Yunnan then! The flavor reminds me of something I recently had but I’m not sure what it was — definitely something from Butiki or Teavivre though… so only the best! The cup color is a lovely light mahogany. The dry leaves are very black and about a half inch long, the fragrance is surprisingly grassy! I know I’ve compared this to a Yunnan, but that is only because that was what I was in the mood for and was surprised that it was so similar. This MUST be the best Kenyan tea I’ve tried. Very delicious! I will certainly enjoy the rest of my free sample — thank you!
www.JusTea.com

Nicole

I am deciding whether or not I want to do their next campaign that launched today so I can get some of the Earl Grey. :)

Tea Sipper

I haven’t tried the EG sample they sent me yet.. looking forward to it!

K S

I guess I must be numb to the astringency in this. I found it to be way smoother than an Assam or Ceylon. I did make the Yunnan connection.

Nicole

I thought I was supposed to get EG & chai samples, but if I did, none of the sample packages were labelled as such. So I’m sharing the sample packs to make more people buy tea. :)

K S

I got all three. I’ll post reviews later to spread them out. Loved the EG.

Cavocorax

I really enjoyed it, but can’t afford to contribute more right now. I hope they succeed because I would like to order more later on.

darky

i was comparing it to assam, but yunnan came up in my mind to! I didn’t point it out in my review tough its nice to see someone mention it!

Tea Sipper

I’m glad two of you thought of Yunnan and it wasn’t just my craving talking!

Comments

Nicole

Tea Sipper

I haven’t tried the EG sample they sent me yet.. looking forward to it!

K S

I got all three. I’ll post reviews later to spread them out. Loved the EG.

Cavocorax

darky

Tea Sipper

I’m glad two of you thought of Yunnan and it wasn’t just my craving talking!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: