A sample from Teavivre! Thank you so much! I may have let the water cool too long.. and I also forgot to boil enough water for a rinse, so I wouldn’t say this steep was by Teavivre’s parameters. I did use the suggested two teaspoons though.

First steep // 1 min 30 sec // water cooled around 20 mins
I can tell this one could have done better with hotter water and a rinse. The flavor seems oaky somehow. I definitely expected a little bit more chocolate flavor… there is a hint. It’s a good cup but I know it can be a lot better if I steeped it correctly. (I recently tried the Bailin Gongfu and it was ridiculously better when I steeped it by Teavivre’s parameters.)

Second steep // 3 min // five mins after boiling
This is much deeper and darker and what I was thinking of. I wouldn’t necessarily call it chocolate though.. I’d just call it a deep dark flavor! No longer oaky. Very good! The second steep was supposed to be only for two minutes but I wasn’t going to resteep the leaves.

I will try to get it closer to Teavivre’s steeping parameters next time but this is still a delicious tea. I really like this blend. I’d call it in the middle of some of Teavivre’s teas – it isn’t quite sweet potato and it isn’t quite dark chocolate. Teavivre has a tea for you no matter which flavor profile you love… I just happen to love all of Teavivre’s teas!