drank Terry's Tea by Bluebird Tea Co.

Teabox B! When I saw this list of ingredients I was thinking “WHAT was Terry thinking?!?!” No, not the Terri who sent this for me to try (thank you!) but the Terry the blend is named for. Chocolate, hibiscus, orange, apple, rosehips?!? The chocolate and orange is weird enough of a combo for me. But I trust Bluebird and they have some really nice blends that I have sampled that I can’t wait to order… but I’m trying to hold off! After steeping for four minutes, the flavor really isn’t that bad. Maybe there wasn’t hibiscus in this teaspoon, but I didn’t taste any. There were equal hints of orange, chocolate all on a mild black tea base. I do wish Bluebird used a stronger black base, but that would probably take away from their awesome blend idea (usually better than this one.) There was also a taste that I had in The Tea Merchant’s Yunnan’s Fable pu-erh that had be thinking this was either pu-erh or had coconut but I was wrong. I liked this one more than I thought but I will leave the rest of this one in the teabox for someone else to try.

Mike Turner

Thanks for the comments! It’s named after a product in the UK called Terry’s Chocolate Orange as it’s a bit of a play on that and how they market it here – hence the strange name!

We use hibiscus sometimes just to give a bit of a fruity boost, so it’s often only a small enough amount that the flavour of the hibiscus itself doesn’t come through strongly.

Thanks a lot for mentioning our awesome blend ideas, we love coming up with them and we feel honoured to be in your favourite teas list!

Tea Sipper

Thanks for reading! I didn’t know about Terry’s chocolate oranges but I probably would have blamed Terry anyway! haha. I’m looking forward to a Bluebird order! Especially if you happen to get resealable packaging. Also, I sometimes think Bluebeard when I think of Bluebird!

Mike Turner

We are now using resealable packaging after a few people said the same!

Mike Turner

Terry’s chocolate oranges are amazing, give one a try if you ever get the chance!

Tea Sipper

All packaging is resealable now, including the smaller packaging on the experience packs?

Mike Turner

Yep, the large packets are still in the same packaging with the tin tie at the moment (although we will shortly be offering those in zip lock pouches too) and the experience packs are now in zip lock pouches.

Tea Sipper

Good to know! I’ll have to order sooner now!

Comments

Mike Turner

Mike Turner

We are now using resealable packaging after a few people said the same!

Tea Sipper

Good to know! I’ll have to order sooner now!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: