I was in the mood for a peach tea, and this one sounded dreamy today! I had to open my sample. Also, I must say I can’t wait to get my 52Teas sampler from the campaign! Sadly, they mostly look to be ones I’ve already tried, but I could easily have more in stock of any of these, since all of the 52Teas I have are samples anyway (except for four of them).

First steep// just boiled // 1 min
As I poured, this blend seemed to steep fast and smell automatically peachy, so I went with one minute. I didn’t want the robust assam taking over the flavors! The steep color is fairly dark! Even before tasting, the cup actually smells like a crumble with butter and brown sugar. It doesn’t taste quite like that though. The assam is certainly strong, but I can still taste wisps of equal parts peach and blackberry. I’ve had bad peach and blackberry teas before but this one is nice. I don’t see actual peaches or blackberries in the mix but maybe that is just my sample. The cinnamon is barely making itself known, even though there was plenty of that.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 2 min
The assam is so strong I could probably steep it more than twice. It’s pretty bready. It has lost some of the butter & brown sugar scent this time. The assam fits well with this blend, since it seems that it tastes a bit like blackberry on its own. I did a Steepster search for “52 Assam” and I’m surprised only 16 results came up – considering how many teas they’ve created, I’m surprised assam isn’t used more often. I wish there was more of the butter/brown sugar flavor that makes the fragrance so lovely. Overall, this could be one of my favorites from 52Teas.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: