This is an interesting one that TastyBrew sent a bit of to try with that amazing package – thanks again! I’ve tried one other bamboo tea and one other lychee tea. I have NO idea what lychee is supposed to be like, but to me both of them tasted like how plastic smells, if that makes sense. So I can think of better things to be drinking! I had no idea what time/temp to steep this one at, since it is bamboo that can steep pretty hot but also green tea. Dry, the leaves smell like dill pickles! What? The last gulp kind of tasted that way. This one is different anyway, but I don’t actually find it terrible.

ETA: I’m just now reading tasting notes and it seems others have noticed a pickle flavor too!

MissB

Holy, what a weird tea! Lychee, by the way, tastes very much like a large, sweet grape to me. I once bought a huge amount with a friend from an Asian grocery store in Calgary, and we ate them all that night… and were sick the next day from all the fruit. :$

Tea Sipper

A big ole grape! Good to know! :D

MissB

Heh. Well, prickly grape. It has an outer shell that’s prickly, and it comes off easily.

NofarS

The inner fruit looks like an eyeball. I’m not a fan… :)

Comments

MissB

Tea Sipper

A big ole grape! Good to know! :D

NofarS

The inner fruit looks like an eyeball. I’m not a fan… :)

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: