I was glad to support 52Teas effort at opening their tea bar. Sadly, a no go. But I got some teas out of the deal anyway. Somehow the sampler of 12 teas became the ‘Bestsellers’ sampler, which was disappointing as somehow I had already tried many of these teas. I was hoping they would be some really great blends that were a bit rarer than these. I have in no way tried all of the 52Teas blends, but however did I try most of these? Only four here are teas I haven’t tried before. Two I have in larger amounts. The others, I was up for sipping again anyway! (I can hardly say no to ANY 52Teas blend.) In all honesty, a good portion of these that I’ve tried were probably not the freshest. So the highlight of this sampler? FRESH REBLENDS!! I get to try the absolute freshest flavors!

First up! Brewed at boiled for three minutes exactly, this has an intoxicating suntan lotion fragrance! I certainly don’t remember this strength from the older blend I tried! The flavor is definitely stronger than I remember, definite coconut with equal parts cheesecake – creamy, milky, and a bit of a bite that makes cheesecake so yum. The honeybush leaves a lovely pinkish hue to the cup. (And I loved that teabags were included, that I will use exclusively for the rooibos/honeybush blends, though they are BIG teabags that could fit ANY leaf.) I’m uping the rating on this one from a 74… I can see its lingering powers now! Why is this so divine? The second steep at eight minutes wasn’t as flavor filled as this one though. I wouldn’t have minded if the Earl Grey Cheesecake would have been in the sampler over this one though.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: