Here is another one I’m just now trying from TastyBrew’s awesome package. thanks again! I almost had the NecessiTeas chai that TastyBrew also sent me, but I remembered I didn’t try this one yet. I used two teaspoons since looking at the dry leaves, it’s mostly spices (sounds good to me!) After a few minute steep, the flavor is unique somehow. I guess many chai blends don’t have peppercorn, which to me seems to add a sweet flavor. Not so much here though, unless I’m confusing the cinnamon for the super sweet type (think Harney’s Hot Cinnamon Sunset!) There is also some ginger, cloves and cardamom. The black tea listed in the description seems to be assam, but it didn’t taste like an assam to me. A bit mild. But since the spices are so nice, I don’t mind that the black tea isn’t fantastic. The second steep didn’t taste the same, even with a seven minute steep time.. it seemed to lose everything that made the first cup unique. Overall, a unique flavored chai somehow, so I’m happy to have a few more teaspoons in my collection!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: