Oh WOW. I don’t know if it’s because it is winter with the lack of sunshine or because I haven’t had an Earl in a while but WOW. This stuff is amazingly delicious. Upon opening my sample, the bergamot fragrance is divine! Bright, fresh, lemony… almost like there is some lemon myrtle here. There is some yellow powder, but I think that’s just the tea itself. I definitely thought “sunshine”. I brewed a heaping teaspoon for exactly three minutes after waiting for the water to cool for about ten minutes. I don’t think it could get more perfect than this. I’m not sure if JustTea uses the Kenyan black base for this one, since I didn’t seem to find any of the notes there that I did here. This one doesn’t seem malty, chocolate or Yunnan. Maybe the bergamot is so strong it is overpowering those flavors but if I’m drinking Earl Grey, I want my bergamot to be tough stuff. Maybe I was just wishing for the last cup to taste that way. But this is amazing. This would be in strong competition with Teajo’s Earl Grey in the Battle of the Earl Greys. (I don’t recall if it was in the Battle, but if not, I demand a rematch! :D) I really hope JusTea will create more blends because the three they have are EXCELLENT. I’m very tempted to buy these for their Christmas sale!!
www.JusTea.com

darky

tea sipper, those tea’s by juste a are just some of the best i ever had… even compared to most oolongs or other chinese/indian blacks. They are a class of there own…

K S

One of my favorite Earls

JustJames

thanks so much for the link, i just grabbed some of their awesome xmas deals in anticipation of my not for profit class this next semester. great project to support in both directions!

Dinosara

Yeah I bought a big tin of this one!

Cavocorax

I found this one was really bright and lemony as well! I’m really tempted to pick some up with their sale, but I don’t know how to choose as I enjoyed all three teas.

MissB

They really are quite wonderful, and I love the handouts they give with every order. I grabbed their chai’s in the specially made bags and they’re stunning. I may need to have some Kathryne later today!

gmathis

Do you know what? I’m a delinquent! I think I have a sample of this I haven’t tried or reviewed yet. That needs to be fixed, quick!

Comments

darky

K S

One of my favorite Earls

JustJames

Dinosara

Yeah I bought a big tin of this one!

Cavocorax

MissB

gmathis

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: