drank Almond Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

This is the only matcha I ordered a while ago with my super-sale caramel matchaccinos. I had to try this one, as it seems it’s the highest rated here on Steepster. It’s a good start anyway! Also, I just received some lovely samples from Red Leaf, so I thought it was time to write this tasting note!

Cup #1 – Hot latte
The dry matcha has a heavenly fragrance of marzipan.. which I guess makes sense… that is certainly more fragrant than plain almonds. Microwaved warmed milk slowly poured from measuring cup to a mug with matcha in the bottom. I have no idea how much to use, so I went with half a teaspoon. It is very delicious – tastes just like the scent, though the milk does mellow it a bit. But the flavor is definitely like marzipan, creamy and sweet. But this is why I’m glad tea is so hot – this cup was gone QUICK. If I drank all cups of tea this cooled and not risked burning my mouth, I would have to drink even more tea. To taste the flavor better, I’ll move on to…

Cup #2 – steeped like a usual cup of tea
I waited for the water to cool around 40 minutes to not burn the matcha. ( Forty minutes is probably not necessary, but it just happened.) I learned that a serving is half a TEASPOON and matchaccino is a whole TABLESPOON… unless the matchaccino bag is wrong. The flavor is lovely.. more to the front than if it was a cup of milk. Just marzipan! These cups are gone quick though. :D
redleaftea.com

VariaTEA

you should add the link to the page and submit this for a reviewer’s discount. It is a good way to make more matcha affordable.

Tea Sipper

Ah, forgot to do that, thanks!

Stephanie

This is one I want to try some day!

Comments

VariaTEA

Tea Sipper

Ah, forgot to do that, thanks!

Stephanie

This is one I want to try some day!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: