Oh my gosh! I bought some teas from MissB and also asked for some samples of others and suddenly there was a sample explosion of way more samples than I expected! It is very appreciated. thanks so much! That means I should really be working on sipdowns… my collection seems ridiculous right now but maybe 2/5ths of them only have 1-2 teaspoons left. I’m going to try strictly sipdowns OR trying new teas for the moment… not so much old favorites I have a lot of. SO I apologize in advance for the continuing avalanche of tasting notes. :D I had to try this one first, as I saw in a tasting note that someone mentioned this one tasted like SpecialTeas Earl Grey de Le Crème. Now, if there was a catastrophe, and there was only one tea I could save from my collection, the Crème would be it… my ancient one ounce package that only has a few teaspoons left. Of course, it was an old Steepster select tea that another Steepsterer generously sent me. Here’s hoping this one has the same magic…

Steep #1 // just boiled // 3-4 min
This one is lovely, but I can tell right away it isn’t the same blend as the SpecialTeas, unless both of these blends had different batches I wasn’t able to taste or something. The SpecialTeas had crisp bergamot, very strong. This one has an almost candy-like lemon myrtle flavor to it. Different than most Earls I’ve tried, but good! Of course the cream aspect makes it taste like a lemon donut or something. The black tea bases are also very similar, but also not quite the same. I think the SpecialTeas has more of a briskness to it. A different blend than the SpecialTeas, but not terrible and a nice change! The second cup was the same as the first.. it’s odd that it reminds me of a lemon cookie (or the lemon donut that was in my dream last night!)

VariaTEA

haha MissB has a knack for surprising you with lots and lots of tea! She truly is the fairy godmother of teas :)