A sample from a while back – also a sipdown! According to Yezi’s instructions you are supposed to use 5-6 grams and my sample package says 5 grams. It also says one teaspoon for 3 ounces of water, so I basically had 3 teaspoons for my 9 ounce mug. I had to guess on steep time… since I really don’t get the 15 seconds they mention.

Steep #1 // just boiled // 2 min
The fragrance of the dry leaves are amazing. I just know I will love it. The taste is very nice – smooth, a little smoky, malty, a little sweet, much like Laoshan Black. It’s VERY nice. The three teaspoons used probably make it tastier than the Laoshan that asks for one teaspoon… but should I really have to use three teaspoons? It definitely isn’t astringent or bitter or overdone. Just a nice cup all around.

Steep #2// just boiled // 3 min
Another lovely cup of tea… just like the first cup. I am starting to love and appreciate these types of black teas more, but they still aren’t my favorites. Honestly, it might be my palate or that I’ve sipped my Yezi samples months apart, but all three of the black teas have really tasted the same to me. The only difference might be with this one, since I used three teaspoons rather than two teaspoons with the others. I wonder if anyone else can taste a difference. Also, these Yezi teas do not have as deep a flavor as many of the Teavivre teas… those are more like dark chocolate even if I only use two teaspoons of leaves. I won’t start comparing to every black tea here!

Steep #3 // just boiled // 4 min
Another lovely cup but not as good as the other two. Nothing else new to add!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: