I wanted a fresh bright oolong, so this was the one I went with in my three tea order (with $15 discount with coupon and reward points!) The leaves are such bright green little bundles! Ages ago I had the Iron Goddess with honey from Teavivre, that they don’t sell anymore. I had to get this one because I was amazed when I had a sample pouch from two years ago that was already opened (and in a sandwich bag) and it still tasted SO fresh… like the leaves had just been picked!
Teavivre’s instructions: 212 degrees – 2-3 teaspoons – rinse 1,2,3 min

Steep #1 // right after boiling // rinse & 1 min steep
I used two teaspoons of leaves because three teaspoons would be pouring out of my infuser basket! The dry leaves smell AMAZING – like many different kinds of flowers – orchids, a bit of gardenia (and I don’t really like gardenia but it sure is lovely here.) It’s also kind of grassy and spinachy (I like spinach more than gardenia.) The flavor is less grass & spinach but a ridiculous amount of these flowers! It’s like a garden in a cup! There is a TINY flavor that is off, like it shouldn’t have been boiled, but I’m still shocked that boiled water doesn’t ruin oolongs. Note to self: Wait around ten minutes after boiling next time. This is such a lovely oolong though – one of the most floral I’ve had. Exactly the oolong I wanted in stock!

Steep #2 // right after boiling // 2 min
As expected, the leaves are taking up the entire basket! I might try this one with three teaspoons at some point anyway, just to taste the difference. This is a nice cup, but it doesn’t have the super-florals that the first cup had. This is actually a light oolong. I kind of was looking for a strong flavored oolong, but the floral aspect of this oolong makes it special, so I don’t mind if it doesn’t have a stronger flavor. This one still doesn’t taste burned at all. This cup, I’d say the flavor is a very mellow lemon.

Steep #3 // just boiled // 3 min
This cup went back to the florals a bit! I don’t know what happened with the second cup. This cup is also very buttery. Only a hint of that flavor that the leaves have been steeped three times. I’m very happy with this oolong!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: