drank Maple Bacon by Man Teas

Another from the Bestsellers sampler and another surprise that it was included. This would be a great idea if is done well. Unfortunately, it is not my thing. The smell of the bacon is a bit off. And the maple doesn’t seem to make an appearance in the scent of the dry leaves or the actual tea. (Not like the Pancake Breakfast syrup.. but that was in the older batches too… I haven’t tried the new yet.) Not really any flavor for me in either steep. I really don’t like this black tea base. It doesn’t even taste like any tea I’ve had before. I find it hard to believe a bacon tea is a bestseller, but ah well, I’m happy to try anything. When it comes to 52Teas, either I LOVE the blends or I really don’t. But I hope this black tea base hasn’t taken over every blend from now on.
Steep #1 // just boiled // 2 min
Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min

VariaTEA

I assumed this was a bestseller because people bought it out of curiosity. I can’t imagine it being a favorite but I can see how a tea as unique as this could be popular. With that said, I also was not really a fan.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

I finally came to the sad conclusion that I am just not a fan of their black tea base, something about it just seems off to me. I was not a fan of the Maple Bacon either.

Comments

VariaTEA

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: