drank Smoked Maple by Shanti Tea

Another sample from MissB! I’ve always wanted to try Shanti’s maple teas! All of their teas sound really nice but somehow I never see them around Steepster. Smoky maple though… very promising! Shanti wants you to steep this for 3 minutes at 190 degrees.

Steep #1 // waited 20 minutes after boiling // 3 min
I always associate dark oolongs with charcoal flavor, but not this one! It’s a nuttier base. Sadly, there is only a hint of sweetness from the maple. And really no smoke I can see, but I like my smoky teas SMOKY. I like the idea behind this blend though.. it would be perfect if the flavors were more present, as it’s a nice combination with this oolong base.. maybe even more so than if it were a black tea base. The second steep had less flavor. If I HAD to choose a dark oolong to have in stock in my cupboard, I’d probably go with this one anyway!

MissB

I’m thrilled that you enjoyed this one, albeit with some caveats. Sadly this was gifted to me, and I’m really struggling with oolongs (they make me violently ill). It needed a good home! :)

Tea Sipper

Aw, it’s too bad you don’t get to partake in oolongs. But thank you again!

Yvonne

Sounds incredibly delicious! Wow!

Comments

MissB

Tea Sipper

Aw, it’s too bad you don’t get to partake in oolongs. But thank you again!

Yvonne

Sounds incredibly delicious! Wow!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: