drank Nutmeg Cream by Butiki Teas

From the Amoda box! I had to get the Butiki Amoda box! They must be good even if they are random surprises. They are Butiki. BUTIKI! This Amoda box took forever to get here… I don’t know what happened. I’m not even sure if this is the first box or the second replacement box they were supposed to send (well I definitely didn’t get one of the boxes then.. and I think this was delivered to the wrong address for a while or something. Anyway, upon opening this lovely box, the three blends sounded good… maybe not as lovely as some of the Butiki blends in the past, but we shall see! First for review is the black tea blend, since I tend to like those the best…

Steep #1 // just boiled // 3 min
This has a black tea base of a few different black teas that Butiki carries. The only one I’ve had is the Sourenee. Overall, the bases here combine to make a nice flavor… medium bodied – the cup color is light reddish copper. The flavor has the perfect amount of briskness to it – tastes a little like raisins and malt. There is plenty of nutmeg here!! Though I though I shook the bag up more, it seems all the nutmeg is on the bottom anyway. A nice creamy flavor too. This blend does seem fitting for the holidays, as I think I’ve only had nutmeg in eggnog and pumpkin pie. The super strong nutmeg fragrance is reminding me of something that could only be eggnog… though eggnog does NOT have this much nutmeg! Very tasty!

Steep#2 // just boiled // 5 min
Oversteeped this one, so the cup wasn’t as nice (if it has the Sourenee in it, then it can get pretty astringent quickly anyway.) Still plenty of nutmeg though. Less cream this time around. This is a nutmeg explosion! Another great blend from Butiki!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: