Thank you Shadowfall for selling a bit of this one! I felt like I needed a bit of (any) keemun in my collection. I really like this one!

Steep #1 // a few minutes after boiling // 4 min
I steeped a teaspoon and half. The dry leaves have the fragrance of dry grass. The steep color is a dark copper. The flavor is very nice: a bit of that dry grass, maltiness at the top of the cup, hints of dark chocolate but not as much as Teavivre’s keemun. ISlight briskness that is perfect for the morning (golden sunrise?) t doesn’t seem that smoky to me, and I thought keemun was generally supposed to be smoky, just not as much as lapsang souchong. Though I haven’t had too much experience with keemun. It’s just really a perfect cup and was gone in no time.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min
This cup was a tad bit less amazing than the first cup, but still really really good. If I made a purchase at Whispering Pines, I’d definitely order some of this one… but it looks like it isn’t on the site (I swear I saw it a week ago). It seems like WP’s plain teas are as nice as their creative blends!

Whispering Pines Tea Company

This one is being replaced with a much higher grade Keemun…though I may keep them both – we’ll see! :)

Tea Sipper

Better than this one? It seems close to impossible!

Ohhh much much better :)

Comments

Whispering Pines Tea Company

Tea Sipper

Better than this one? It seems close to impossible!

Ohhh much much better :)

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: