drank Cider Guayusa by Butiki Teas

Another sample from my order a while back! So many teas to try I’m just now getting to it, no matter how eager I’ve been to try it! I LOVE Butiki’s Guayusa. It’s one of my favorite bases from them, since not many tea companies make blends with it. I also love how much the flavors change with guayusa, depending on how you brew it, and it’s even a completely different cup once it has cooled down. I went with Butiki’s suggestion of a teaspoon and a half:

Steep #1 // 30 mins after boiling // 3 min
There is a giant apple sliver in my infuser! Nice! Also some cinnamon pieces. I didn’t want to overdue the guayusa flavor on this one and overpower the other flavors, so I went with a low temp/time. The guayusa really pairs well with the apple – it adds a sweetness. It’s like a naturally sweet cider. Subtle yet natural apple and hints of cinnamon (probably because the hotter the water the better the cinnamon.) Very nice!

Steep #2 // 20 mins after boiling // 6-7 min
The guayusa still isn’t super earthy/strong, which is fine if it’s a plain guayusa but not if it’s a well thought out Butiki blend. So it’s the perfect guayusa blend. It’s so tasty – and when it cools there is a different flavor that is really nice.

Steep #3 // just boiled // few minutes steep // half mug of water
I went for a half cup since this has so nice. I’m surprised the guayusa didn’t get more bitter. But it was very nice, even at boiled, just less apple & cinnamon somehow. This is a perfect blend though!

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: