drank Kapha Organic by TeaGschwendner

One from MissB! thank you! I don’t know how you thought this one was for me… but it is! It’s a very odd blend but I like it! First, I have no idea what the green leaves are that take up most of the blend. Looking at the description it’s either parsley or blackberry leaves?!?! Weird weird. It’s like a chai with an odd base. I didn’t go with the suggested two teaspoons, or it might have definitely been too hot, since there seems to be a ton of chili here, even though it isn’t easy to see. I also didn’t steep for too long, since I figured the blackberry leaves would make it bitter.

Steep #1 // one teaspoon // a few minutes after boiling // 3 min
This is a weird mix of ingredients but it somehow works. It’s certainly spicy, but not as much as 52Teas Chili Chai. It also has a lovely lemon flavor. It is brothy with some of the ingredients like fennel. Not bitterness that I thought the blackberry leaves would bring! It’s interesting and delicious. Perfect amount spice for me, if I use one teaspoon. A lemony, brothy, spicy chai… and it’s much better than I’m making it sound.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 3-4 min
This is a bit more muted than the first cup but I’m surprised it still has this much spice. Not as much lemon or other spices though. This is a nice blend and I will “savor” the next couple teaspoons I have left!

MissB

It’s funny, I thought this was really mild too, until I steeped it for 5+ minutes. Then, holy WOW… get ready to clear out your sinuses. I’m really glad you liked it! It’s an odd blend, yet one I really enjoy. Also, I’ve yet to get any bitterness out of this, even after having left it to steep 20+ minutes.

Comments

MissB

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: