Somehow I was lucky enough to score a free Steepster box! I’m very grateful, as I can’t afford this kind of thing right now. Thank you Steepster! I think I said a couple times “this is the best tea ever” so it was well worth it for me!

Steep #1 // a few minutes after boiling // 3 min
The dry leaves smell like mint for some reason! I used the generous two teaspoons for one steep. I can’t imagine I could steep this one any better. Just the scent coming from the cup is probably the best smelling cup ever. The taste is everything I want in a black tea! It’s a Yunnan first of all, but it almost seems like it’s mixed with a Fujian like Laoshan black… all the qualities I actually like from Laoshan. Some have complained about the tobacco, but if I noticed it, I think it made it a better cup for me. It adds a dusky darkness, to go along with the dark chocolate and honey notes. Good stuff.

Steep #2 // few minutes after boiling // 3-4 min
Another amazing cup but maybe not as amazing as the first. This time the mug has an entirely different fragrance.. it’s like a floral perfume. The flavor is still honey chocolate deliciousness. A bit less of whatever people are calling the tobacco flavor which I kind of miss. It’s not really smoky to me though.

Stephanie

Nice!!! Congrats on the free box :)

Comments

Stephanie

Nice!!! Congrats on the free box :)

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: