drank Blueberry Limón by Handmade Tea

Thank you for this one, Dexter3657! This sounded delightful! Very happy you sent it over. I certainly don’t have enough keemuns “the less smoky lapsang”. Plenty of orange (lemon?) peels and two big blueberries in my infuser… that must be why when it’s brewed, the tea itself is very light colored. So I put the infuser back in for a WHILE. At least 10-15 minutes. It didn’t seem to have an affect on the tea itself, but the orange peels certainly got PEELIER. Not really a good thing… it tasted like peels, not orange. I didn’t really taste any blueberry. But I love this sort of keemun – slightly smoky and sweet. I just wish it was a stronger black tea. Maybe I should have used more leaves. A nice idea for a blend though, Handmade!

Caleb Brown

Tea Sipper, totally agree – folks should be drinking more Keemuns! I think the citrus peel flavor can work really well in tea blends (usually black teas) but your point of tasting like peel IS why I’ve been experimenting with blending with the actual dried meat of the fruit lately. More sugar! The blueberries do sweeten up the blend naturally a bit, but I think occasionally in this blend the Keemun overpowered the actual berry flavor a bit. I appreciate the thoughtful review!

Comments

Caleb Brown

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: