drank Silver Buds Yabao by Verdant Tea

This was taken out of the Here’s Hoping teabox a while back. At first, I thought these leaves were old since they have a brown tinge to the mostly white color, but looking at Verdant’s picture, that is what the picture looks like. The scent of the just opened package wasn’t that appealing though.

Steep #1 // a few minutes after boiling // 4 min steep after rinse
The flavor is a bit odd. It DOES taste like linen like the Verdant description mentions…but the odd flavors… not snickerdoodle for me! Not the best of flavors. I thought I had something like this before and it tasted much better. Maybe I used too many leaves or oversteeped? If anything, it has the flavor profile of a raw pu-erh which are one of my least favorite types of tea.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 4 min
I really don’t love the flavor of this, but I’m pretty sure I had a yabao blend from Verdant before that was fine. Maybe it is old. I’ll try the yabao snickerdoodle sample that BrewTEAlly Sweet sent over soon and I’ll be able to tell. This just has a cottony, tangy taste I don’t like. Could be overleafing though..

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: