Teavivre just happened to offer me some more samples. They are the best! I can never say no to more Teavivre samples (hey, they offered!) thank you so much, Teavivre! Teavivre’s instructions say 17 ounce of water which seems odd with a tablespoon of leaves which also seems odd at 203 degrees with a rinse and 1,2,3,4 minute steep times. I went with two teaspoons.

Steep#1 // 15-20 min after boiling // 2 min after rinse
I probably waited too long for the water to cool… not on purpose. The color of the tea looks like it does in Teavivre’s picture of the cup of tea… however the flavor doesn’t seem strong enough to be a favorite tea of mine. The flavor is so light! Also a bit tangy and a bit drying, which is why it might not be a favorite for me. BUT I’m probably not steeping it the correct way, since I didn’t follow any of the instructions… 17 ounces is confusing when I have 8-9 ounce mug… that probably threw everything else. This cup is tough for me to figure out since the flavor is so light.

Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 min
This cup has a deeper flavor… but not my much. It has a texture like those little fuzzies I thought were only on white teas… but this is the second black tea I’ve had this week like that. I wonder if I just haven’t noticed it before? I’m sad this tea didn’t taste like the chocolatey plum, apricot, cherry stone fruits that I’ve seen mentioned because those are my absolute favorite types of teas. This is like a lighter chocolate… very subtle flavors. This one isn’t my favorite from Teavivre… but pass me the perfectly steeped cup and it would probably be much better than this one.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: