Another one from Dexter3657! thanks so much! I think I liked this one more than others if the Steepster rating says anything, even though I probably shouldn’t have, since this is usually the sort of tea I don’t really like. One teaspoon, a few minutes after boiling, for two minutes. It tastes like a hojicha mixed with a Fujian tea, with the charcoal flavors, also a tiny bit like Laoshan Black. (I really shouldn’t be comparing it to that one all the time, as I realize not everyone has tried that one. And even different harvests would make a difference.) So it is certainly an odd mix of flavors here. I don’t need a ton of teas like this in my collection, but I will certainly enjoy the remainder of this sample whenever I would like a tea like this.

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: