Thank you so much MissB! I’ve always wanted to try this one! Chocolate chili chai is always one of my ideal blends. YOWZA this is hot stuff though! The chili is really hiding in this blend…sneaks up on you! I’d definitely suggest not going over a teaspoon. (I went with a teaspoon and a half.) I like that this is actually spicy though. I just should have went with a teaspoon. I love that there are multiple chocolate elements here, including cocoa shells that I recently discovered in a Herbal Infusions blend (also thanks to MissB!) I think most chocolate teas should use these cocoa shells. They are very effective for chocolate flavor. I just wish there was more chocolate flavor. It must be hiding under all that spice! The second cup was very spicy too. I would even recommend getting some of Herbal Infusions cocoa shells, using maybe 3/4 teaspoon of the chili chai and then adding HI’s cocoa to cut down the heat and add more chocolate. This is comparable to 52Teas Mayan Chocolate Chai but I think they just use cocoa nibs. If Bluebird would just use a tastier black tea base, most of their blends would be perfect! It showcases the flavors well enough though.

MissB

Wow! I failed to get spice out of it, so I’m really glad you did, and that you loved it. :)

Tea Sipper

You must be used to the Kapha tea then… this one was probably hotter than that one!

MissB

Wow, really?! How I wish I’d gotten that kind of spice out of this, I likely would have ordered more.

Comments

MissB

Tea Sipper

MissB

Some of my favorite teas:
teavivre.com
verdanttea.com
steapshoppe.com
thenecessiteas.com
Specialteas

My dislikes: hibiscus, ginger (unless in chai), charcoal type flavors

My ratings: