drank Jasmine Dragon Pearl by Zen Tea

Thank you DigniTea for sending some of these precious pearls! I usually love Zen (I actually just placed a smaller order yesterday because they have the best sales…and because I was sleepordering. Whoops. Also, the book I’m reading at the moment ‘The Sleepwalker’s Guide to Dancing’ is fantastic. ) Zen suggests one teaspoon at 176-195 degrees for 2 1/2 minutes.

Steep #1 // 25 mins after boiling // 2 1/2 min steep
Oh I feel like I’ve had this exact tea before somehow but I love this! (They might be Ovation’s pearls… I’ll have to try them again soon.) The jasmine is so sweet it is on the verge of tasting like bubblegum to me. I remember a jasmine tea that did this before. The jasmine takes front and center, even though it doesn’t seem like a strong jasmine to me, more sweet than floral – the green tea itself stays in the background. It’s very nice!

Steep #2 // 20 min after boiling // 3 min
This cup was still delicious but it had a slight tinge of the overbrewed-green-tea flavor. A little brisk. Still plenty of jasmine flavor though. If you’re looking for jasmine pearls, these are those. Tea tea tea. Tea.